2.0 Contact Hours Approved for N
2.0 CEHs Approved for SW, EMT, RC, DNT, DHYG, LE, and other Healthcare Professionals
This class is an Iowa approved curriculum and designed to enhance the participant's knowledge of dependent adult abuse as required by the State of Iowa code. It is designed to meet the requirements for mandatory reporters in the state of Iowa.
1. Discuss the social issues relevant to dependent adult abuse;
2. Define dependent adult abuse;
3. Define caretaker;
4. List symptoms of environmental, physical, and behavioral dependent adult abuse;
5. Identify who, by Iowa code, is considered to be a mandatory reporter;
6. Discuss mandatory reporter requirements;
7. Explain the rights of the dependent adult to either accept or decline services;
8. List the four categories of dependent adult abuse as outlined by the Code of Iowa;
9. Explain court interventions that may be petitioned on behalf of the dependent adult;
10. Discuss the purpose of the Central Abuse Registry.