2.0 Contact Hours Approved for Illinois and Iowa Nurses IBON Approved Provider #8
2.0 CEHs Approved for other Healthcare Professionals
: This course is eligible for 2.0
hours of continuing education in Iowa. Consult your governing rules to determine if appropriate subject matter criteria will apply to credit hours.
Alice Martin, Masters in Theology, Chaplain
Judy Chapman, RN, MSHA
Libbet Brooke, MSHA
Rose Schueller, RN, BA
Intended Audience: Nurses, NP, PA and Physicians, EMS, PT/PTA, OT/COTA, Respiratory Therapy, Dietitians, Nursing Home Directors, Clergy, and the General Public.
The two hour presentation will Increase awareness of the national movement for self-determination in end of life options. Discussion will also focus on the dynamics of the dying process, improving care and expanding choices at the end of life.
At the end of the presentation, participants should be able to:
- Understand the evolution of dying in our American culture;
- Explain the history/ background of end of life options;
- Understand legal protections for patients, families, and providers;
- Explain the Iowa End of Life Options Act (SF-215/HF-299);
- Understand the opposing views to the End of Life Options Act.